As there is no Embassy or Consulate office of Mexico in Dhaka. So, it’s best to check with the nearest Embassy of Mexico for visa requirements which is in India.
Embassy of Mexico in India – Concurrences with Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka and Maldives.
C-8 Anand Niketan,
New Delhi, 110021, India.
Lower ground. Embassy of Mexico
Contact: Tel: +91 (11) 2411-7180/82
Tel: +91 (11) 2411-7180/82
Fax: +91 (11) 2411-7193
Office Hours: Monday to Friday 9:00 am – 17:00 Hrs.
Tourist Visa Requirements:
- Application form duly filled.
- Passport valid for at least six months.
- A recent passport-sized photograph (4.5 CM X 3.5 CM), white background, no glasses and forehead.
- Covering letter given by your organization and duly signed by the competent authority.
- Copy of Personal Bank Statement (last 6 months).
- Copy of Personal Income Tax Return (ITR) or Form 16 (last 3 years).
- Flight tentative itinerary.
- Visa fee.
- Personal presence of the applicant is mandatory for biometric process and interview.
- Processing visa time is two working days if the applicants fulfill all the visa requirements.
- Holders of diplomatic or official or service passports and laissez passer to enter Mexico in official missions or in private trips please contact the personal of the Consular Section.
- Clergy and minister of religion, please contact the personal of the Consular Section.
- Entry to Mexico is subject to the discretion of the Immigration Officer.
It is not possible to present your documents via courier or third party. If you are granted a Mexican visa you will be able to travel to Mexico. It does not guarantee entry to the country.
At the point of entry, Mexican immigration authorities may ask you some questions to confirm the reasons you are travelling, the length of your stay in Mexico and how you are financing your trip. The following questions are few examples of what you may be asked:
- How will you leave the country?
- If you are on a student visa, what program are you enrolled in? Which is the host institution?
- If you are on a work visa, who or what company is hiring you? What activities will you be engaging in within the company?
- How long will you be staying in Mexico?
- How will you cover your expenses?
- Do you have any acquaintances in the country?
- Where are you staying?
- Why are you travelling to Mexico? What activities will you be engaging in?
As in all countries, Mexican immigration authorities will verify the authenticity of all the documents you present and the truthfulness of the information you provide. They will also confirm that no outright restriction exists. The reasons for your trip must match your visa type. Everyone visiting or living in Mexico has rights which must be respected. Foreigners have the right to contact their embassy or consulate.
Please Note: Holders of any valid U.S.A, Canada, Japan, United Kingdom, Schengen visas (any nationality) or permanent residence of U.S.A, Canada, Japan, United Kingdom, Schengen, Pacific Alliance (Colombia, Peru, Chile) DO NOT require a Mexican visa to travel on business, tourism, or transit purpose for or less than 180 days as long as they present any of the mentioned at the point of entry.